Friday, June 08, 2007

I think I get the point of the critical reflections now

I've spent most of the day finalising the portfolio again. It's very fortunate that I had such a suitable gap before the Journ exam on Thursday 14 June to do all this stuff in.

In the morning I wrote the long 1500-word critical reflection on the course. I was dreading it, because I don't usually enjoy writing this type of thing, but it went quickly, and I found I had plenty to say about the course, both ways in which it can be improved, and things I learnt from it. It was a great exercise to pull together what we've been learning.

Now I'm back to subbing articles and getting them in a uniform format for the portfolio. It's monotonous work, but I want this to look good, and feel the subediting will only improve everyone's marks. I'm also still planning to write a short groupwork report, outlining exactly how we co-operated on different articles. It'll be short, but it should help Sim and Adrienne when it comes to allocating marks.

I did a dumb thing this afternoon by scheduling an appointment for 11am on Monday when the portfolio is due at 12 noon. Oh well, I guess things will just have to be ready earlier; if I have everything sorted out by then, it shouldn't be too much hassle to file everything and put on the appropriate logos. I'm glad that things are moving and we'll hand in a quality product at the end of the day.

No comments: